Screen printing is a type of printing finishing technique for self-adhesive labels due to which the effect of a convex image on the label surface is obtained. The method involves a process of creating a printed image onto a label surface by pressing ink or varnish through a stenciled mesh screen. This printing technique is also known as silkscreen printing since silk threads have been used for the mesh screen.
Screen printing technique
Screen printing has lots of considerable merits. The technique allows you to get excellent results not only on paper but also on polymer films. Thanks to the richness and density of color, as well as the ability to accurately draw various design elements, screen printing provides high definition and aesthetics of the image. Screen printing gives good surface coverage, so it is perfect for printing light colors on dark backgrounds or vice versa.
The unique tactile effect obtained by screen printing not only enhances the textured appeal of the label but also can be used for practical reasons, for example, for printing volumetric tactile symbols for the visually impaired people (labels in Braille). The screen printing technique allows you to vary the height of the relief by adjusting the thickness of the applied ink or varnish layer.
Such a print on a label is quite durable and has excellent resistance to adverse external effects: light, moisture, oils, chemicals, temperature extremes, and mechanical damage. For example, the wine or champagne’ bottles with screen printing self-adhesive labels can easily withstand in an ice bucket for many hours, while labels for shampoo or cleaning agents never lose their appearance during use.
Screen printing onto labels
Screen printing technique makes it possible to manufacture excellent labels for a wide variety of products including:
- Labels for bottles of wine, beer, vodka, whiskey, cider, and other alcoholic beverages;
- Self-adhesive labels for sausages, meat delicacies, caviar, canned food, pickles, jam, and honey;
- Labels for frozen food and semi-finished products, fish, shrimp, and seafood;
- Self-adhesive labels for coffee, tea, and healing herbals;
- Labels for cosmetics and medicines, food supplement, vitamins, and sports nutrition;
- Labels for household, construction, and auto chemical goods;
- Labels for antiseptics and other goods.
Screen printing labels ordering
Screen printing is an effective technique, which:
- Increases the attractiveness of label products;
- Gives self-adhesive labels a more acceptable appearance and a pleasant-textured surface;
- Upgrades an existing label design.
Screen printing looks great both on its own and in combination with other printing effects.
Green Trade Company offers the printing of self-adhesive labels as well as provides the screen printing label services. We warrant the high quality of printing and the fast speed of the order fulfillment at affordable prices. We are open to cooperation with Ukrainian and foreign companies.